5 days 4 night jungle Trek
five days private tour price 300 euro per person
(minimum 2 person)
Experience the beauty and majesty of the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary, a project that promotes ethical and sustainable eco-tourism in Chiang Mai. On this 5-day tour, you will visit the White Karen village and learn about their culture and traditions. Enjoy a delicious lunch prepared by the locals. Trek to the jungle camp and spend the night in a cozy bamboo hut. Join the night activity and listen to the sounds of nature. Explore the Shan village and see how they live in harmony with the elephants. Feed, bathe and play with these gentle giants. Hike to the waterfall and cool off in the refreshing water. Experience the thrill of bamboo rafting along the river. Say goodbye to your new friends and return to Chiang Mai with unforgettable memories.
Average walk: 8 – 10 kilometers a day
Chiang Mai – Jungle Camp - White Karen Village (L/D)
- We will depart from Chiang Mai by 4 x 4 truck and head to the local market, where we will buy the food supply for our adventure.
- Then we will continue to drive through the jungle off-road until we reach the hiking point. From there, we will start our hike through the natural jungle area, which will take about 2-3 hours.
- We will have lunch in the jungle and enjoy the scenery.
- After lunch, we will continue hiking in the jungle and visit an unknown local temple, where we can learn about the culture and history of the area.
- Finally, we will arrive at the local white Karen village, where we will spend the night. The white Karen are one of the indigenous hill tribes of northern Thailand, who live in stilt houses and have their own customs and beliefs . We will have a chance to interact with them and experience their way of life.
White Karen Village – Lunch – Jungle Camp – Night Activity (B/L/D)
- The second day will start with a walk for about six hours from the village to our jungle camp.
- Along the way, we will stop at a beautiful waterfall where you can swim and relax. We will also have a delicious lunch.
- After that, we will continue our trek to our private jungle camp, where you will learn how to cook authentic Thai food with local ingredients.
- In the evening, we will explore the nocturnal wildlife and insects. It will be an unforgettable experience!
Jungle Camp – Lunch – Karen Hill Tribe Village (B/L/D)
- The third day will start with the ascend to the highest point of our trek, where we will be rewarded with a stunning panoramic view of the mountains and valleys.
- We will enjoy our lunch at the summit, surrounded by nature’s beauty.
- After lunch, we will descend to the White Karen Hill tribe village, where we will spend the night with a local family. They will welcome us warmly and share their culture and traditions with us.
Karen Village – Jungle Camp – Shan Village (B/L/D)
- The fourth day of our trekking adventure will start with a hearty breakfast and then set off for the jungle camp. We will reach the camp around noon and enjoyed a delicious lunch there.
- In the afternoon, we will continue our walk through the lush jungle and scenic rice field.
- We will arrive at Shan village in the evening and where we will be warmly welcomed by the locals. We will spend the night in their cozy houses and learn about their culture and traditions.
Shan Village – Elephant Village – Waterfall – Bamboo Raft (B/L)
- On our fifth day of trekking we will visit the elephant village and learn how to take care of these gentle giants. We will feed them bananas and join them for a refreshing dip in the river.
- Afterwards, we will head to a beautiful waterfall where we can swim and enjoy a picnic lunch. The adventure continues with an exhilarating bamboo raft ride down the river.
- Finally, we will take the truck back to Chiang Mai and check-in at our hotel.
*** Meeting 1 day before at the guests’ hotel at 18.00 hrs.
*** During the meeting you will receive info about what to bring and get briefed about the tour
*** Bring passport or passport details for the meeting