4 days 3 nights jungle trek
four days private tour price 240 euro per person
(minimum 2 person)
Join us for a 4-day adventure at the Elephant Jungle Sanctuary, a project that supports ethical and sustainable eco-tourism in Chiang Mai. You will have a chance to interact with the elephants in their natural environment, discover their amazing anatomy and behavior, and help them with their daily activities. You will also hike to a hill tribe village, learn about their culture and traditions, relax at a waterfall and raft on a bamboo boat. This tour includes breakfast and lunch, and accommodation at the jungle camp.
Average walk: 8 – 10 kilometers a day
Chiang Mai – Jungle Camp - White Karen Village (L/D)
- You will depart from the city by a 4 x 4 truck and head to a local market where you will buy fresh ingredients for your meals.
- Then you will continue to drive through the scenic countryside on off-road trails until you reach the hiking point. There you will start your hike through the natural jungle area for about 2-3 hours, enjoying the sights and sounds of the forest.
- You will have lunch in a clearing surrounded by trees and flowers.
- After lunch, you will resume your hike and visit an unknown local temple hidden in the jungle. You will learn about its history and significance from your guide.
- Finally, you will arrive at a local white Karen village where you will spend the night in a traditional bamboo hut. You will experience the culture and hospitality of this ethnic minority group and share a delicious dinner with them.
White Karen village – Lunch – Jungle Camp – Night Activity (B/L/D)
- You will start your second day with a 3-hour hike from the village to our secluded campsite near a stunning waterfall. There, you can cool off with a refreshing swim and enjoy a delicious lunch.
- After that, you will continue your hike for another 3 hours to our private jungle camp, where you will learn how to cook authentic Thai food with local ingredients.
- At night, you will experience the amazing wildlife of the jungle with our expert guides, who will provide you with all the necessary equipment. Don’t miss this opportunity to explore the beauty and diversity of nature!
Jungle Camp – Lunch – Karen Hill Tribe Village (B/L/D)
- The day begins with a scenic hike to the high mountain, where you can admire the breathtaking panorama of the landscape.
- You will have lunch at the summit, enjoying the fresh air and the views.
- After lunch, you will descend to the White Karen hill tribe village, where you will spend the night with a local family. They will welcome you warmly and share their culture and traditions with you.
Karen Village – Elephant Village – Waterfall – Bamboo Raft (B/L)
On the fourth day of your adventure, you will have a memorable experience with the elephants in their natural habitat. After breakfast, you will walk to the elephant village, where you will learn how to take care of these gentle giants. You will feed them bananas and then take them to the river to bathe with them. You will also have a chance to swim with the elephants and see them splash and play in the water.
After spending some quality time with the elephants, you will visit a beautiful waterfall in the jungle. You can cool off and climb the waterfall, or just relax and enjoy the scenery. You will also have a delicious lunch at the waterfall.
In the afternoon, you will experience an exciting bamboo rafting trip along the Mae Wang River. You will float on a rustic raft made of bamboo and enjoy the views of the lush forest and the local villages. You will also have some fun rapids along the way.
At the end of the day, you will take a truck back to Chiang Mai and arrive at your hotel. You will have plenty of stories and photos to share from this amazing day.
*** Meeting 1 day before at the guests’ hotel at 18.00 hrs.
*** During the meeting you will receive info about what to bring and get briefed about the tour
*** Bring passport or passport details for the meeting